- 2 ounces white rum
- 1/4 ounce maraschino liqueur
- 3/4 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- Garnish: lime wedge
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with a lime wedge.
Serve and enjoy!
- To create a better-tasting daiquiri, be sure to choose a top-shelf rum.
- If you want to keep the taste authentic, Cuban rums like Havana Club, Ron Mulata, and Santiago de Cuba would be natural choices. Any Caribbean rum would be a good option, though. Keep in mind that in Spanish-speaking countries, white rum is often called blanco, just like tequila.
- As with any daiquiri, the Hemingway is best with fresh-squeezed lime and grapefruit juices. You can typically expect to get 1/2 to 1 ounce of juice out of the average lime, which is enough for one or two drinks. A grapefruit often yields 5 ounces or more, so a single fruit should be plenty for a few rounds with friends.
For the full article: https://www.thespruceeats.com/hemingway-daiquiri-recipe-760527